The Kate Sylvester Code of Conduct is a shared commitment we have with all our manufacturing partners, including suppliers, outworkers, contractors and subcontractors. This embodies our commitment to workers who manufacture all of our products and ensures that our partners adhere to our values and our ideals. We ensure that all our partners recognise this code of conduct as a guide to ensuring transparency and traceability throughout our supply chain. Take a look at our official Code of Conduct.
Our manufacturing partners
Our Kate Sylvester production team visits our onshore manufacturing partners weekly and offshore partners every six months with all offshore factories having been externally audited. On these visits our team personally checks that our factories are meeting their commitments to their workers, health and safety and environmental practices. As the local garment production industry involves so many different manufacturing partners, we are currently working on a collective industry project to systematically audit our factories in New Zealand.
Responsible fabric sourcing
At Kate Sylvester we work closely with our fabric mills to produce signature fabrics for our brand. These unique fabrics make up to 70% of our collection and we regularly visit the fabric mills where these fabrics are produced, meet Jia who works at our Viscose fabric mill here. We have a transparency project underway to trace the other 30% of fabrics that comprise the remainder of our collection. Our goal is to increase transparency on our fabrics by a minimum of 10% a year, with full transparency on our fabric offering by the end of 2021 at the latest.
Tracing at a raw materials level is more challenging however we are working to have transparency on raw materials at 70% by the end of 2019.